Monday, January 30, 2012
Week 27: Making room
In my Thursday night class, we had to explain how something we had brought to class reflects something about us as a "getting-to-know-you" type exercise on the first night. I found myself at a loss. I wasn't my planner because I'm far from organized, and I wasn't my shoes for all of the places I've traveled. So I decided to go with my maternity pants. Like my pants, I have to be able to stretch and make room for life's changes. I'm accommodating more responsibilities (family, work, school), and therefore have to find ways to make it all fit. Give maternity pants another gold star for their awesomeness!
With this being the last week of my second trimester, that stretching theme is that much more relevant. Since the last post, my little guy and I have passed a few milestones. Right before Christmas he started distinctively kicking, and a few days after Christmas he could be felt from the outside. My sister Courtney got to be the first one to feel his little pops (that's what Scott gets for taking a nap), but Scott got to feel him a day later. Now Preston has a lot more strength behind him and makes his presence known as often as he can. If I watch my stomach, I can see his kicks and his arms and legs pushing along the way.
All of the end of the pregnancy events are coming up, between baby showers and maternity pictures, plus I'm trying to get my graduate school assignments finished up before April. It's crazy how quickly it's gone by and how far away April still feels. I'm ready for him to be here, but I'm focusing on enjoying these last three months as a family of two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment